How to Apply
Everything you need to apply to CFS, The School at Church Farm, can be found and downloaded below. We encourage you to use these electronic resources. To request a paper copy of the application packet, call the Admissions Office at 610.363.5347 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process is outlined in a helpful checklist, available here.
Additionally, CFS accepts the SSAT Online Common Application as an alternative option for families applying to mutliple schools. More information can be found below.
Application Process and Downloads
Applying to CFS is easy. There are six steps in the application process:
1. Complete and submit the CFS Application for Admission, along with the $25 application fee. Please note the request for writing sample. The application, which has sections for both parent/guardian and student input, can be downloaded here. (The form is a fillable pdf - you may not be able to save your work without the appropriate version of Acrobat. Please test before you begin work; if you cannot save the document, you will need to print it, once it is filled, to send to CFS.)
2. Submission of school records: CFS requires copies of the applicant's current year grades as well as transcripts from the two previous years, submitted directly by the applicant's school(s). For example, a ninth grade applicant would be required to submit an up-to-date report card for 8th grade, as well as final transcripts for 6th and 7th grade. CFS also requests copies of school-based standardized testing and, if applicable, copies of any IEPs or other such learning plans.* A release of records authorization, which can be given to the school(s) to allow them to send CFS this information, can be downloaded here. You may wish to delay submission of this form to the current school until after the 1st marking period/trimester/quarter grades have been published.
3. Three teacher references: CFS requires that the applicant's English teacher, math teacher, and guidance counselor submit reference forms directly to CFS, by mail, fax (610-280-6746) or email (email@example.com). A school head, dean, principal, or assistant principal can be substituted in the absence of a counselor. The reference forms, which are confidential and should be submitted directly to CFS (and not returned to the parent/guardian/applicant), can be downloaded here. You may wish to submit these to teachers on or after November 1st, so they have a chance to develop an impression of the applicant.
4. SSAT Scores: All applicants are required to take the Secondary School Admissions Test. Information on test dates, sites, and administration, can be found at ssat.org. Be sure to use CFS's school code of 2236 to have score reports sent directly to CFS. Questions or a request for a paper registration form can be directed to 800.442.SSAT (7728).
5. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY - TOEFL scores: All international applicants (those who require an F-1 Visa to study in the United States and for whom English is a second langauge) must submit TOEFL scores in addition to SSAT scores. Register at TOEFL's website and use school code 7218 to have scores sent directly to CFS. TOEFL Junior is accepted for students applying to grades 7 and 8.
6. Admissions interview: Once CFS has received the application for admissions, teacher references, and transcripts, the admissions office will contact you to schedule an interview. Families are welcome to tour campus at any time (simply call 610-363-5347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit), but formal interviews will not be conducted until the above-noted information has been received. For extremely distant candidates, phone or Skype interviews can be arranged.
7. Parent Financial Statement: All families who wish to apply for financial aid (read about affordable education at CFS), must submit a parent financial statement. This is not considered as an admissions criterion. Beginning November 1, this form can be filled out online at sss.nais.org. Click "For Parents" to begin an application. Be sure to use CFS's school code of 2429 to have the report sent directly to CFS. Questions can be directed to SSS at 800.344.8328 or email@example.com. CFS will not award financial aid to families that have not filled out the PFS.
SSAT Online Application Service
Families applying to multiple schools, or who wish to complete an entirely electronic application, may do so using the free, SSAT online application service.
To register and begin an application, visit the SSAT Website.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns about the admissions process, at 610-363-5347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.